What is Oracle E Business Suite Projects
Oracle Projects consists of the following products:
• Oracle Project Costing
• Oracle Project Billing
• Oracle Project Resource Management
• Oracle Project Management
• Oracle Project Collaboration
• Oracle Project Intelligence
• Oracle Project Portfolio Analysis
The applications that make up the Oracle Projects suite work together to provide a
complete enterprise project management solution. They give you a flexible approach
to defining and managing your projects and the people, schedules, deliverables, and
finances associated with them.
The following sections provide detail information on each of these products:
Oracle Project Costing
• Provides an integrated cost management solution for all projects and activities within an enterprise. With Project Costing we can manage costs across currency and organizational boundaries.
• Project Costing also acts as a central repository of project plans and transactions, processes project costs, and creates corresponding accounting entries to satisfy corporate finance requirements.
• Project Costing gives complete and timely access to project performance information and the resulting accounting impacts thereof.
• Detailed cost information to monitor project performance in a productivity-enhancing format, and enables to track the total cost of running the business.
Oracle Project Billing
• Oracle Project Billing enables enterprises to simplify customer invoicing, streamline corporate cash flow, and measure the profitability of contract projects.
• Using configurable accounting rules, Oracle Project Billing extends Oracle Project Costing functionality by processing actual costs, creating corresponding accounting entries for revenue accrual to satisfy corporate finance requirements, and creating customer invoices for project work.
• With Project Billing, project managers can review project invoices online and analyze project profitability, and accounting managers can see the corporate impact of project work.
Oracle Project Resource Management
• Oracle Project Resource Management manages human resource deployment and capacity for project work.
• It enables efficient coordination of project resource needs, profitability, and organization utilization through the location and deployment of qualified resources to projects across the enterprise.
• Oracle Project Resource Management empowers key project stakeholders–such as project managers, resource managers, and staffing managers–to make better use of their single most critical asset: their people.
Oracle Project Management
• Successful project management requires continuous decision-making in order to meet expected delivery and financial targets.
• Oracle Project Management gives project managers the visibility and control they need to deliver projects successfully and operate efficiently.
• It presents project managers with a comprehensive integration of the major elements of project management: plans, progress, issues, changes, documents, effort and cost, financial information, performance, and status reports.
• With Oracle Project Management, project managers can proactively plan and forecast their projects, manage change and performance in real-time, focus on desired project outcomes rather than data management, and make better decisions with less effort.
Oracle Project Collaboration
• Oracle Project Collaboration assists members of global or virtual project teams in the ongoing effort to review and complete project tasks by enabling them to collaborate and communicate with ease.
• Project teams can also include people from inside and outside an enterprise — each requiring personalized access to project information.
• Oracle’s integrated, collaborative system enables all relevant project stakeholders to share information, anytime and anywhere. With complete visibility to assigned tasks, issues, and deliverables, team members work together more efficiently, make more effective decisions, and deliver superior results faster.
Oracle Project Intelligence
• Oracle Project Intelligence delivers aggregate and detail information about the projects in an enterprise directly to the people who need it.
• Executive managers can use Oracle Project Intelligence to review information summaries in both graphic and tabular formats and drill down to specific projects and tasks as necessary.
• Oracle Project Intelligence is a comprehensive reporting solution that provides cross-project visibility to opportunity bookings, resource utilization, and profitability and activity analysis. Utilizing secure, role-based portals, it provides daily summaries of key metrics including revenue, cost, margin, bookings, backlog, and utilization.
Oracle Project Portfolio Analysis
• Oracle Project Portfolio Analysis leverages the rich project management functionality
of Oracle Projects to facilitate evaluation and collection of projects in a portfolio.
• It uses financial criteria, strategic goals, and information on available funds to help us evaluate, prioritize, and select the right projects to match your business objectives.
• It enables to standardize project funding decisions based on business and financial objectives by defining weighted criteria and targets, such as return on investment, market fit, and technology risk.
• Project Portfolio Analysis provides graphic charts to compare and rank new and continuing projects. We can also create and compare multiple “what-if” scenarios to understand the impact of changes to projects and finances.