• Set standards, and maintain them.
• Monitor and evaluate performance.
• Set realistic and achievable objectives.
• Let people know that personal gain is not as important as team achievement.
• Communicate regularly.
• Encourage co-operation and compromise in the event of differences among team members.
• Keep everyone informed of progress.
• Explain what is to be done, why and how.
• Encourage people to be more involved.
• Get to know people. Help people develop their skills.
• Delegate wherever possible.
• Recognize people’s achievements and contributions.
• Make any criticism constructive.